WENRA Workshop on Regulatory Aspects of Decommissioning
Berlin / Greifswald, 28th–30th October 2019
The Western European Nuclear Regulators’ Association (WENRA) and the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) will host a workshop on the regulatory aspects on nuclear decommissioning from 28th-30th of October 2019 in Berlin, Germany.
The workshop intends to support the exchange of regulators, operators, technical expert organisations and international organisations in the field of nuclear decommissioning with a special emphasis on regulatory issues. The workshop will be held in English, it will include presentations, panel discussions, group work and a technical tour. The results of the workshop and abstracts of the presentations will be published in workshop proceedings. A tentative list of topics includes:
- Planning for decommissioning during operation
- Transition period after the end of operation
- Final stages of decommissioning,
- handling unforeseen findings/ modification of planned activities
- inspection practice
- Developments in strategy
- Availability of waste management facilities
- National differences/limits of harmonization
- Combining different legislatory regimes (e.g. environment, security, …)
- Regulating contractors / safety culture of contractors
More Information can be taken from the first circular.
If we shall keep you posted about this event add your email address to our newsletter by clicking here.
Expenses and registration
The participation to the workshop is free of charge.
Interested participants are kindly requested to send in their registration as early as possible to allow for an adequate organization. Please either use print-out of the form or simply send it as a filled–in-file to one of the contact points.
- Dr. Stefan Theis (chair of WENRA-WGWD)
- Dr. Thomas Pissulla (secretary of WENRA-WGWD, local organizer)