WENRA Workshop on Regulatory Aspects of Decommissioning
Berlin / Greifswald, 5th–7th November 2019
The Western European Nuclear Regulators’ Association (WENRA) and the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) will host a workshop on the regulatory aspects on nuclear decommissioning from 6th to 7th of November 2019 in Berlin, Germany.
The workshop intends to support the exchange of regulators, operators, technical expert organisations and international organisations in the field of nuclear decommissioning with a special emphasis on regulatory issues. The workshop will be held in English, it will start with a technical tour and will comprise of presentations and panel discussions. The results of the workshop will be published in workshop proceedings.
Venue and Agenda
The detailed agenda is available for download here and the Book of Abstracts is available for download here.
|Tuesday, 5th November, technical tour to the Greifswald former NPP site:|
|07:30||Start of technical tour||BMU, Stresemannstraße 128-130, Berlin|
|20:00||Tentative end of tour||BMU, Stresemannstraße 128-130, Berlin|
Please note that the maximum number of participants for the tour has been reached.
The workshop will continue in Berlin with the following program. The sessions will comprise of presentations and conclude with panel discussions with the panelists being the authors of the presentations.
|Wednesday, 6th November, BMU, Stresemannstraße 128-130, Berlin|
|11:00–12:30||First session – Decommissioning Strategies & Planning|
|13:30–15:20||Second session – Regulatory Experience|
|15:50–17:20||Third session – Limits of Harmonization and Specific Approaches|
|Thursday, 7th November, BMU, Stresemannstraße 128-130, Berlin|
|09:00–10:30||Fourth session – Transition from Operation to Decommissioning|
|11:00–12:30||Fifth session – Final Stages of Decommissioning|
Expenses and registration
The participation to the workshop is free of charge.
- Dr. Stefan Theis (chair of WENRA-WGWD)
- Dr. Matthias Hackstein (local organizer)
- Application form WENRA Decommissioning Workshop 2019
- Book of Abstracts WENRA Decommissioning Workshop
- Presentation EWN 5 November
- S0_P1_Golshan_WENRA decommissioning workshop
- S1_P2_Gillin_A Sustainability-Based Approach - K Gillin
- S1_P3_Vincent Cloître_Conte_presDEM_wenra
- S1_P4_Ensuque_WENRA Workshop Berlin 11-2019
- S2_P1_Neuffer_20191106 WENRA Workshop on Decomm_NFR_Proceedings
- S2_P2_Hallington_PJH 20191106 WENRA 16_9
- S2_P3_Trenta_Decom. authorization process and controls in Italy
- S2_P4_Amft_WENRA Workshop Berlin 2019 - Authorization for
- S2_P5_Germadonk_WENRA-Workshop Licensing Procedure
- S3_P4_Toubes_Presentation Tecnatom Knowledge Management
- S4_P1_WENRA Decommissioning Conference Berlin November 2019
- S4_P2_Stravinskas_Decom experience transition period_Lithuania
- S4_P3_Drahos (SVK) - WENRA - WS
- S5_P1_Efraimsson_WENRA Workshop Berlin 2019
- S5_P3_Morgan_Recent developments in the regulation of UK
- Third circular WENRA Decommissioning Workshop 2019
Pictures from the Workshop for download
Pictures by BMU/Jordis Antonia Schlösser/Agentur Ostkreuz